Sunday, April 1, 2012

Eulogy for a Sweet Commodor


Jammin' at Christmas


By Kathleen

Commodore, your have been with us now for four months, through thick, dusty, Tatura, on smooth, paved roads. I remember when we first got you, you had some issues sure, but what is on the inside counts more than your baby-sea-foam-green exterior, and inside you were huge.

I remember that first drive up the Hume Highway, making it from Melbourne to Kempsey in three days to get to the blueberry farm and a job. You seemed a little sick even then, but we nursed you along.

I remember sleeping in you for the first time and freezing my ass off because cars really don’t have great insulation. Illegal parking on Christmas day and getting you fixed up in Shepp. I thought you were better then but I guess not.

Now you are sitting in a driveway in Sydney. You were our plane ticket home and now you are a pile of metal.

So dear sweet commodore, I put you to, rest… well not exactly. I put you for sale on Gumtree.

Until further notice we will be in Australia.

Now to get to the Permaculture course that like 1000k away in Geelong…

We'll miss you Commodore!


No comments:

Post a Comment